COSHH Risk Assessments
Managing Hazardous Substances
Using chemicals or other hazardous substances at work can put peoples health at risk, Under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) employers are required to assess the risks presented by substances hazardous to health.
The COSHH Regulations have evolved several times since first being introduced in 1989. The last revision in April 2005 introduced Workplace Exposure Limits (WELs) and the concept of best practice. The regulations evolved further in October 2007 when new WELs came into force.
It is imperative that COSHH records and assessments and reviewed regularly so that they are up to date.
How we can help
Huw Wilkins Associates Limited has a great deal of experience in assisting companies in undertaking these assessments as well as in implementing the control measures required. Health and safety legislation demands risk assessments for hazards such as noise, display screen equipment, manual handling etc are undertaken. Any foreseeable workplace risk must be assessed and the assessment recorded.
A major part of the work of Huw Wilkins Associates Limited involves the measurement and management of exposures including:
- Preparation of COSHH risk assessments
- Exposure measurements and assessments for dusts, chemicals and biological agents
- Assessments for planned or occasional exposures
- Assessment of the effectiveness of controls (e.g. ventilation surveys)
- Advice on risk management including appropriate PPE and compliance with COSHH
Contact us today to arrange your workplace COSHH assessment.